Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Wednesday, July 3, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Major Acquisition?: Broadcom’s apparent bid to acquire Symantec may have major implications for the MSSP (managed security services provider) market.
2. Managed Detection and Response (MDR): SentinelOne has launched Deploy and Assist Vigilance MDR offerings. Deploy is a 90-day customer onboarding service. Assist provides Vigilance protection for incident response partner profiles. Additional Vigilance options include Monitor for 24/7/365 customer coverage to classify and prioritize incoming threats and alerts; and Respond for expert consultation, threat response and deep sample forensics services. Key MSP-centric SentinelOne partners include SolarWinds and Continuum.
3. Threat and Vulnerability Management: Microsoft’s Threat & Vulnerability Management (TVM) solution became generally available as of June 30. TVM is a built-in capability in Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (Microsoft Defender ATP) that uses a risk-based approach to discover, prioritize, and remediate endpoint vulnerabilities and misconfigurations, the company says.
4. IoT Security - Part One: Hillstone Networks has upgraded its StoneOS operating system with more IoT security support to further protect enterprises from edge to cloud, the Santa Clara, California-based enterprise security and risk management company says.
5. IoT Security - Part Two: D-Link has agreed to undergo security audits for 10 years as part of FTC settlement, ZDNet reports.
6, ThreatConnect Upgrade: ThreatConnect has unveiled its latest version of CAL (Collective Analytics Layer), a cloud-based analytics engine that "offers immediate insight into the relevance and pervasiveness of threats and indicators of compromise," the company claims.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- MSSP Accelerator: Sales and Marketing Summit (July 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- Cyber:Secured Forum 2019 (July 29-31, Austin, Texas)
- Black Hat USA 2019 (August 3-9, Las Vegas)
- EnergySec Security and Compliance Summit 2019 (August 19-21, Anaheim, California)
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.