Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Monday, June 3, 2019.
A. Today's MSSP Alerts
1. Ransomware Attack Victim: Food and biopharma product testing company Eurofins Scientific said on Monday that some of its IT systems were affected by a form of ransomware during the weekend, Reuters reports.
2. Microsoft Azure Cloud Hosts Malware: Microsoft’s Azure cloud services have become an attractive option for cybercriminals to store malicious content. From phishing templates to malware and command and control services, it seems that crooks found a new place for them, Bleeping Computer reports.
3. NSA and Baltimore Ransomware Attack: National Security Agency hacking tools were not used in the recent Baltimore city ransomware attack, according to a Maryland congressman who heard the denial from the NSA, The New York Times reports. However, an earlier report from the newspaper said four contractors hired to study the attack all found NSA hacking tools on the network. Meanwhile, an old risk assessment for Baltimore called old computers on the city's network a natural target for hackers, The Baltimore Sun reports.
4. Talent - Endpoint Protection: Cybereason has named Shai Horovitz as chief revenue officer (CRO). He had been CEO of Cybereason Japan, a joint venture launched with SoftBank in 2016.
B. MSSP Partner Programs & Cybersecurity Partnerships
1. Talent - Kaspersky Lab: The company's North American leader -- essentially, channel chief for the region -- has exited the business. Global Chief Business Officer Alexander Moiseev will oversee the role on an interim basis, CRN reports.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite19 (June 3-6)
- Carbon Black Connect 2019 (June 3-5)
- Join Us: Security Operations Centers: Build or Partner? (Webcast– June 6)
- Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit (June 17-19)
- AWS re:inforce Cloud Cybersecurity Conference 2019 (June 25-26)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
That’s what’s on our radar for today. Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.