Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Thursday, May 3, 2018.
7. Internet Breach?: Meituan Dianping, the Internet giant backed by China’s most valuable tech corporation, has begun investigating reports of a data breach that exposed the private information of tens of thousands of users, Bloomberg says.
6. State Cybersecurity: Minnesota has unveiled a five-year cybersecurity plan, which includes $19.7 million in spending for 2018. The 18-point plan is detailed here.
4. Earnings: FireEye's revenue rose 8 percent in Q1 2018 to $199 million. We'll share more details soon.
3. Funding: IronNet Cybersecurity, a startup led by former U.S. National Security Agency chief Keith Alexander, has raised $78 million in additional funding, Reuters reports. We've got additional details to share later today.
2. IPO Strength: Endpoint security provider Carbon Black has raised its IPO range to between $17 and $19 per share -- up from the initial range of $15 to $17 per share. The IPO, expected Friday, looks to value the company at about $1.5 billion. MSSPs play a huge role in Carbon Black's growth, according to an SEC filing.