Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Friday, July 6, 2018.
5. Hack: A senior programmer facing dismissal at Israeli spyware developer NSO Group Ltd. has been charged with stealing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of cyberarms technology and trying to sell it on the darknet, Bloomberg reports.
4. Gartner Security Trends: Gartner say these are the top six emerging cybersecurity and risk management trends...
3. MDR vs MSSP: We constantly receive questions about the managed detection and response (MDR) market, with most folks asking whether MDR providers and traditional MSSPs are the same or different. The answer? We believe most top MSSPs are gradually -- but consistently -- introducing MDR services. Gartner also sees the two markets converging over time. Here's a closer look at the MDR vs. MSSP market debate.
2. Top 100 MSSPs 2018: Does your company rank among the world's Top 100 MSSPs? To find out, participate in our survey. We'll share results, research and the complete list of honorees during out September 2018 webcast.
1. Black Hat USA 2018 Conference: The big Black Hat USA 2018 security conference is set for August in Las Vegas. Yes, we're attending.Got news to share at the conference? Send me the info: [email protected]. We're also booking MSSP- and channel-centric meetings at the conference.