Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Small Business Cyber Guide: The Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC), part of Australia's government, has released a cybersecurity guide for small businesses.
2. Research - Cybersecurity Threat Landscape: Check Point Research has published its latest Global Threat Index for September 2019. The Research team is warning organizations that the Emotet Botnet has started spreading several new spam campaigns once again, after a three-month break, the firm says.
3. Imperva Security Breach: In a post-mortem, Imperva blamed a previously disclosed breach on a stolen AWS API Key...
4. MDR and Anti-Virus: GoSecure, a provider of Managed Detection and Response (MDR) services , has added Next-Generation Antivirus to its portfolio.
5. Network Security: Bricata has released a new version of its network security platform.
6. Talent: CyberRisk Alliance a business intelligence company serving the cybersecurity and information risk management marketplace, has added cybersecurity expert Malcolm Harkins to its board of directors.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- EuroCACS/CSX 2019 (October 16-18, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Mimecast Cyber Resilience Summit (October 28-30, Dallas)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North America Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York)
- RSA Conference USA 2020 (February 24-28, 2020, San Francisco)
- Black Hat USA 2020 (August 1-6, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.