Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Friday, July 13, 2018.
7. Partnership: VirtualArmour International, a well-known MSSP, has signed an exclusive reseller and services partnership with Snare Solutions, a log management platform and subsidiary of Prophecy International.
6. Alleged Russian Hackers: A dozen Russian intelligence officials were charged Friday with hacking into the Democratic National Committee and the campaign of the 2016 Democratic presidential candidate, Hillary Clinton, and distributing stolen emails, according to an indictment obtained by special counsel Robert Mueller’s office, The Wall Street Journal reports.
5. Managed Security: SolarWinds MSP has enhanced its SolarWinds Risk Intelligence offering with an Expanded Data Breach Risk Scan (ExDBRS), helping users better discover and identify risks from security vulnerabilities stored on endpoint devices, and enhancing regulatory compliance capabilities, the software company asserts.
4. Partnership: ForeScout has introduced an Extended Module for Carbon Black, combines ForeScout's agentless visibility capabilities with Carbon Black's advanced endpoint protection. The integration blends information from Carbon Black for Indicators of Compromise (IoCs), threat hunting, and ForeScout's automated remediation and threat response.
3. Cyber M&A: New York-based L3 Technologies is acquiring Azimuth Security and Linchpin labs, two cybersecurity companies that specialize in selling exploits to governments, Cyberscoop notes. The deal was for a combined price of about $200 million, L3 said.
2. Cloud Distribution: CyberArk's privileged access security solution is now available in the AWS Marketplace.