Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Tuesday, March 27, 2018:
11. M&A: AppRiver has acquired Roaring Penguin Software as part of a global email security push involving MSP partners.
10. Funding: ZP Group, a provider of cybersecurity services and solutions, has completed its Series C funding. The Chertoff Group made a "significant" equity investment in Series C found -- though the actual dollar figure was not disclosed.
9. Security Operations Centers: McAfee has unveiled new security operations centers (SOC), named the McAfee Security Fusion Centers, in Plano, Texas and Cork, Ireland. The Fusion Centers have a threefold mission: Protect McAfee, identify new cybersecurity product needs, and to act as a best practices blueprint for customers and partners. We'll share more details soon.
8. Financial Services: Cyber attacks pose the biggest threat to the Swiss financial system with risks from hacking incursions on the rise, watchdog FINMA warned on Tuesday, calling on Switzerland to step up its national defenses against the menace, Reuters notes.
7. Momentum: CynergisTek's Q4 revenues were $18.7 million, up 15 percent from $16.2 million in the fourth quarter of 2016. The company specializes in healthcare cybersecurity and information management.
6. Talent: Infogressive, a Top 100 MSSP for 2017 and key Cylance partner, has hired 10 team members -- including Chris Currin as VP of sales. Currin previously held key posts at Solutionary, another leading MSSP that NTT acquired in 2013. Infogressive essentially is a master MSSP -- empowering MSPs and channel partners to safeguard customers across 44 states and 20 countries, the company says.
3. Funding: Kenna Security, which specializes in cyber risk, has secured $25 million in Series C funding. The move comes one week after Kenna hired Rick Kramer as its VP of worldwide channel sales and alliances.
2. MSSP Partner Program: SonicWall has unveiled the SecureFirst MSSP Program, which helps partners to scale their managed security services business practices. More than an MSSP dashboard or licensing model, the partner program includes Blueprints to help MSSPs understand how to price, sell, onboard, and retain customers. We'll share more details soon.
1. Top 100 MSSPs Survey: Our Top 100 MSSPs Survey for 2018 is now open. Participate now and your company could be recognized and ranked among the world’s top MSSPs when we unveil research, results and the complete list in September.