Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. M&A - Private Equity & MSSPs: Protos Security has completed its acquisition of Security Resources (SRI). Both companies are MSSPs. Southfield Capital, a lower middle market private equity firm, owns Protos.
3. Funding - Asset Management: Axonius, a New York-based cybersecurity asset management company, raised $20 million in Series B funding led by OpenView.
4. Security Center: A $1.5 million cyber security training and operations center is under construction in downtown Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
5. Imperva Data Exposure: Imperva has disclosed a data exposure involving the company's Cloud Web Application Firewall (WAF) product, formerly known as Incapsula.
6. McAfee IPO: McAfee has hired underwriters to pursue an initial public offering this year that its owners hope could value the cyber security company at at least $8 billion, Bloomberg reports.
7. Research - SMB Security Challenges: This SMB IT Security Report from Untangle highlights some of the major budget and workforce challenges.
8. Ransomware Fears - US Elections: The U.S. government is concerned about potential ransomware attacks against voter registration databases and election systems.
9. Startup: XM Cyber, a breach and attack simulation (BAS) specialist, is one of six cybersecurity startups selected to join Switzerland's Kickstart program, an acceleration initiative designed to help startups break into the Swiss and European market.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
2. MSP Support:Kaspersky's MSP partner program, launched in 2017, now spans 2,000 registered partners.
3. Breach Detection Software: Opsview has released Opsview Monitor Splunk Results Exporter. The toolkit exports high volumes of event data in real time to security information and event management (SIEM) tools including Splunk Enterprise Security. From there, analysts can identify unusual activity for data breach detection, Opsview claims.
4. AWS Authority to Operate Partner: Coalfire, a provider of cybersecurity advisory and assessment services, is one of 24 launch partners within Amazon Web Services (AWS) new Authority to Operate (ATO) partner program. ATO on AWS assists partners in their pursuit of a compliance authorization.
5. Network Security and Digital Forensics: Bricata and Atlantic Data Forensics (ADF) have partnered to help security analysts understand what is happening on a network, detect threats, identify malicious files, and aid in the incident response process, the companies say.
6. Vulnerability Risk Assessment: Kenna Security will integrate its vulnerability risk intelligence with VMware AppDefense. VMware admins will gain such capabilities as vulnerability scoring, security context, and prioritized patch recommendations.
7. Crowdsourced Security: Veristor Systems and Synack have partnered to deliver the Synack Crowdsourced Security Platform 2.0. Synack helps protect digital assets continuously at scale with four-times greater efficiency than a traditional security penetration test, the companies claim.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- MSSP Accelerator – Sales and Marketing Summit (September 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- CISA Cybersecurity Summit 2019 (September 18-20, National Harbor, Maryland)
- Exabeam Spotlight19 (September 30-October 2, San Francisco)
- EuroCACS/CSX 2019 (October 16-18, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.