Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Friday, June 29, 2018.
8. Cloud Access Security Broker: Atos, a Top 100 MSSP, has launched a new Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) Service using McAfee Skyhigh Security Cloud to safeguard enterprise applications and data in the cloud, the company says.
6. California Privacy Law: California Governor Jerry Brown on Thursday signed data privacy legislation aimed at giving consumers more control over how companies collect and manage their personal information, a proposal that Google and other big companies had opposed as too burdensome, Reuters says.
5. Equifax Breach Fallout: Eight U.S. states have issued a consent order calling on Equifax to improve how it manages cybersecurity risk, The Wall Street Journal says. The Equifax breach also triggered two insider trading scandals.
4. Partnership - SIEM and SOAR: LogPoint and DFLabs are partnering to integrate their respective SIEM and SOAR (Security Orchestration, Automation and Response) technologies. The integration allows organizations to automate most of the work performed by security analysts, and accelerate incident detection and response actions from hours to seconds, the two companies claim.
3. Talent: Gurucul, which specializes in behavior-based security and fraud analytics technology, has hired IBM Global Security veteran Jasen Meece as president. He will oversee sales, business development, channel and partnership programs, and their respective go-to-market strategies, the company says.
2. Sophos Security Vulnerabilities: The security software company recommends customers install multiple Windows client security patches to address multiple SafeGuard vulnerabilities.
1. Carbon Black Conference: Registration is open for the Carbon Black Cb Connect 2018 conference in October. Catch Me If You Can author Frank Abagnale and IBM Security are the keynote presenters.