Each business day MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the MSSP, MSP and cybersecurity world.
Reaching Our Inbox:
Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected]
Today’s MSSP Alert Market News:
1. Vulnerabilities reported - Fortinet has released security updates to address critical remote code execution vulnerabilities in FortiOS (CVE-2024-21762, CVE-2024-23313). A cyber threat actor could exploit these vulnerabilities to take control of an affected system. In addition, Fortinet said that CVE-2024-21762 is potentially being exploited in the wild. CISA has added that one to its Known Exploited Vulnerability Catalog.
2. Collaboration gateway vulnerabilities - Cisco has also released a security advisory to address vulnerabilities affecting its Cisco Expressway Series of collaboration gateways for unified communications. A cyber threat actor could exploit one of these vulnerabilities to take control of an affected system.
3. More organized cybercrime groups - The year 2023 saw a nearly 20% rise in the total number of cybercriminal groups, climbing from 55 threat groups in 2022 to 64 in 2023. This is one of the top findings in a new cyber threat intelligence report released today by NCC Group, a global cyber security and software escrow business.
4. Authentication & Identity Scorecard - Javelin Strategy & Research, a leading provider of strategic insights for the digital financial world, today released its 2024 Authentication and Identity-Proofing Vendor Solutions Scorecard. The Authentication and Identity-Proofing Vendor Solutions Scorecard evaluates and ranks 26 different authentication and identity-proofing vendors across product vitals, product features, and product administration.
5. Rapid7 financial results - The extended risk and threat detection company reported its Q4 and full year revenues, showing growth of 35% in annualized recurring revenues, and growing ARR per customer to $69.9. Adjusted EBITDA hit $47.8 million for Q4, growing from $24.7 from the same period the year before.