Neustar Security Services, an MSSP backed by private equity firms Golden Gate Capital and GIC, has integrated three cloud-based security services into a single solution, according to a prepared statement.
Solution's Formula for Better Security
The solution, UltraPlatform, consists of the following security services:
- UltraDNS is a managed DNS service ensures that an organization's website and other online assets are always available.
- UltraDDoS Protect provides 15-plus Tbps of DDoS mitigation.
- UltraWAF web application firewall delivers always-on protection against application layer threats.
UltraPlatform "reduces risk, supports vendor consolidation and lowers total cost of ownership (TCO) for companies," Neustar SVP of Solutions Carlos Morales said. In doing so, the solution allows organizations to improve their security posture without overloading their security teams, Morales noted.
Neustar Launches DNS Detection and Response Service
The UltraPlatform announcement comes after Neustar in February 2023 released its UltraDDR DNS detection and response service.
UltraDDR helps organizations combat network breaches and ransomware, phishing and supply chain attacks and enforce their security policies, Neustar noted.
The service's features include:
- Protective DNS uses historical domain data and real-time analysis of communication patterns to identify and prevent cyberattacks.
- Compliance with Acceptable-Use Policies lets organizations customize and enforce their security policies at the user level.
- Alert Correlation correlates with security alerts from endpoint detection and response (EDR) and network detection and response (NDR) solutions to help organizations eliminate false-positive alerts.
UltraDDR can be deployed in minutes, Neustar indicated. It also supports a client that can be installed on Windows, macOS, iOS and Android devices and allows DNS settings to remain intact, regardless of the network connection.
Neustar offers security services that organizations use to protect their digital infrastructure and online presence. The company was spun-out as a standalone MSSP in December 2021. Previously, TransUnion in September 2021 acquired Neustar's marketing, risk and communications solutions business.