Each morning MSSP Alert offers readers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the MSSP (managed security services provider) ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Wednesday, March 29, 2017:
10b. Cisco’s Red Alert: As you’ll recall, the CIA allegedly leveraged security holes in Cisco’s networking gear for alleged eavesdropping activities. Now, here’s how Cisco scrambled to close those holes, according to Reuters.
10a. Hello Again, VPNs:
9. Managed Backup Services: ClearSky Data has expanded its data protection capabilities to deliver complete offsite backup and disaster recovery (DR) as part of its fully managed service, the company says. Customers only pay for a single, protected copy of their data that is accessible on-premises or in the cloud, ClearSky asserts. Find partner details here.
8. Business Continuity: Agility Recovery has launched myAgility 3.0, a business continuity planning and management platform and mobile application built to accommodate enterprise deployments. However, it’s also designed for small and midsize business adoption. The tool helps business leaders plan for, and manage, their response to emergency events like fires, floods, hurricanes and other business interruptions.
7. Firewall Security: Sonus is collaborating with an unnamed firewall vendor to launch new offerings for MSPs. The work should protect customers from malware, telephony denial of service (TDoS) and other potential IP security threats. The question: Which firewall vendor is involved? Hmmm…
6. Partnership – Security: Guidance Software (endpoint security) and Demisto (incident response) have launched an integration to help service providers and customers orchestrate incident response across multiple security products, saving time and ensuring forensic-grade remediation of threats, the duo claims.
5. European IT Security: 35 percent of employees across the UK, France, Germany and Italy admit to have been involved in a security breach, according to a Forcepoint survey. What about the other 65 percent of folks? Apparently they don’t realize they’ve been hacked yet…
4. IPO – Cybersecurity: Okta, the Identity and Access Management (IAM) specialist, has priced its IPO and hopes to hit a $2 billion valuation, Business Insider says. The IPO seeks to raise roughly $160 million.
3. Funding – Security Startup: Smyte, a security startup in San Francisco, has raised $4 million in Series A funding. The company’s machine learning system helps customers to eliminate credit card fraud and other malicious activities.
2. Log Management Momentum: Loggly, the cloud-based log management solution provider, says revenue increased 99 percent in 2016 vs. 2015, aided by a significant shift in the proportion of enterprise-level customers. Indeed, average revenue per customer grew by almost 40 percent…
1. Countdown to Launch: Yup. We wrote this blog on Wednesday, March 29 — quite a bit before MSSP Alert’s anticipated launch day in mid-2017.
Fast Fact: This daily list will never be more than 10 items. Hence, we took creative license with 10a, 10b...