The companies said that the integration of RackTop’s BrickStor SP and Nyriad’s UltraIO storage architecture establishes a “reliable platform” to safeguard data from cyberattacks. In addition, it provides a secure enterprise file location accessible via server message block (SMB) and network file system (NFS) protocols and enabling secure unstructured data services, according to the partners.
The solution is particularly suited to healthcare, financial services, law enforcement, video surveillance and education verticals, the companies said.
Ransomware Protection Delivered
A key differentiator of the solution is RackTop’s BrickStor Security Platform, which evaluates trust at the file level, while Nyriad’s UltraIO storage system ensures data integrity at the erasure coded block level.
The result is an approach that protects in the event of a ransomware attack:
- BrickStor SP grants or denies access to data in real time without any agents, detecting and mitigating cyberattacks to minimize their impact and reduce the blast radius.
- Simultaneously, the UltraIO storage system verifies block data integrity and dynamically recreates any failed blocks seamlessly, ensuring uninterrupted operations.
Here are some additional features of the companies’ combined technologies:
- In addition to an active security architecture, RackTop’s compliance reporting capabilities include customizable reports mapping directly to the NIST 800-171/53 data access control standards, among others.
- This ensures compliance with industry regulations, including CMMC, SOX, HIPAA, FINRA, and more.
- RackTop’s searchable database of file access transactions enables administrators to track access, investigate data lineage, and demonstrate data heritage, further enhancing data governance.
- The combined solution also offers consistent and high performance, scalability, and management simplicity.
- Nyriad’s UltraIO system powers business-critical applications with fail-safe data availability and flash-level performance, increases productivity with true operational simplicity, and reduces the time required to complete complex projects by up to 35 percent.
- Its GPU-accelerated erasure coding provides high throughput, resiliency, and efficiency in file and block storage.
- The combination of features empowers organizations to effectively manage massive amounts of data, servicing multiple workloads on the same system while maintaining optimal performance.
Derek Dicker Nyriad chief executive, said the deal provides a “groundbreaking storage solution” that “addresses the evolving challenges of the digital era.”
“Our partnership enables customers to benefit from our GPU-accelerated storage system, fortified with RackTop’s powerful and secure data services, protecting their most sensitive information from cyber threats.”
Said Jonathan Halstuch, Rack Top chief technology officer and co-founder:
“We are delighted to partner with Nyriad to provide a solution that is leading in security, performance, and value to meet the extreme demand for proactive security for file storage. Through this collaboration, we provide customers with an easy to manage data storage solution that can actively defend data against zero day attacks, advanced persistent threats, and extortionware.”
The deal is not the first between Nyriad and RackTop. The firms recently joined forces to enhance the performance, efficiency, security, and cost-effectiveness of a health science university's e-Learning applications and video surveillance systems the partners did not identify.