Open Systems has launched Ontinue, its new managed detection and response (MDR) division, featuring Ontinue ION, the unit’s managed extended detection and response service (MXDR).
Ontinue also has a new add-on service called Managed Vulnerability Mitigation (MVM) for its MXDR service. According to the company, MVM enables customers to effectively reduce risk by surfacing the small percentage of IT vulnerabilities that pose the greatest risk. In addition, it has opened a new ION Cyber Defense Center featuring security experts, data scientists and software developers to execute, measure and optimize security operations.
All-In on MXDR
The Redwood City, California-based company is positioning Ontinue as the only MXDR provider that leverages artificial intelligence (AI)-driven automation, human expertise and the Microsoft security platform to continuously assess and protect an organization’s environment.
Open Systems asserts, that despite existing managed security service providers' and MDRs' solutions, organizations still struggle with three key challenges:
- They are slow to detect and respond to threats.
- Security teams spend most of their time firefighting, which keeps them from implementing stronger proactive measures that prevent many threats.
- Security teams have myriad products that produce too many alerts and they have too few people to handle those alerts.
Open Systems believes its MXDR platform addresses those challenges and redefines the market through:
- Collaboration. Instead of yet another ticketing system or portal, Ontinue ION embeds into Microsoft Teams to deliver critical dashboards to key stakeholders and enable real-time collaboration and access to information on any device at any time.
- Automation. Ontinue leverages data science and AI to model expert cyber defender behavior and find opportunities for process optimization and automation. The result is fully automated threat detection, investigation and response for 70% of high severity incidents.
- Localization. Ontinue ION builds a model of each customer’s environment and operations in order to localize or tailor the service to their unique environment.
- Specialization. Rather than forcing customers to send their data to a secondary SIEM, Ontinue ION uses a customer’s own Microsoft Sentinel as the source of truth, allowing Security teams to maintain possession of their data.
- Prevention. Designated Cyber Advisors leverage insights from resolved incidents and threat hunts to prioritize prevention efforts that improve a customer’s security score, while Cyber Defenders prioritize incidents and responses based on information gathered during assessment.
Customer Benefits Outlined
Ontinue believes its platform delivers the following benefits to customers:
- The efficacy and scalability of customers’ security programs is improved by continually applying lessons learned to adapt and change for the future to increase efficacy.
- AI-driven automation and real-time collaboration eliminates noise, focuses efforts and helps respond to threats without negatively impacting business operations.
- ION is purpose-built to fully leverage every component of the Microsoft security and collaboration ecosystem.
Commenting on the advantages of Ontinue, Geoff Haydon, Open Systems' executive chairman and chief executive, said:
“Operationalizing security requires new, innovative capabilities that go beyond conventional MDR features into automation, collaboration and – ultimately – prevention. This is what the Ontinue ION platform delivers to customers – nonstop. Ontinue ION improves security program efficacy and maturity, and liberates customers to embrace digital transformation, and to accomplish their business objectives confidently and productively.”