Security On-Demand (SOD), an MSSP that offers security-as-a-service (SECaaS) solutions for businesses and government agencies, has launched the ThreatWatch Hunt advanced threat hunting service.
ThreatWatch Hunt uses third-party hunting toolsets and methods and SOD's proprietary correlation and behavioral analysis capabilities to help organizations identify cyberattack patterns, according to the company. It first correlates cyber threat data and other security information. Then, SOD's security operations center (SOC) evaluates this information and investigates any suspicious activity.
In addition, ThreatWatch Hunt offers the following threat hunting capabilities:
- Alert, log and output monitoring from threat hunting activities.
- Correlation of alerts, logs and other security information.
- Ongoing feedback loop to provide a baseline for normal system behavior.
- Threat investigation, triage and validation.
ThreatWatch Hunt also provides analyses of organizations' IT environments, SOD indicated. By doing so, the service enables organizations to identify cyber threats across their user devices and networks.
Introducing ThreatWatch 5.0
SOD last year released ThreatWatch 5.0, a threat hunting platform that uses an approximate query database engine to conduct log queries across petabytes of log data.
ThreatWatch 5.0 enables security analysts to analyze billions of logs to uncover and act on cyber threats, SOD indicated. It helps security analysts quickly collect and review over 100 billion customer log events every week, and as a result, speed up threat detection and response.
SOD today offers a variety of SECaaS solutions, including:
- Advanced threat monitoring and detection.
- Automated remediation.
- Log analysis.
- Network intrusion protection.
- Regulatory compliance.
SOD also has partner alliances with the following businesses:
- American Internet Services (AIS): A data center and connectivity services provider.
- NTT Communications: The largest telecommunications company in Japan.
- Technology Integration Group (TIG): An IT solutions provider that specializes in end-to-end technology and IT infrastructure offerings.
- TraceSecurity: A security compliance and risk management services provider.
SOD looks poised to grow thanks in part to the rising demand for threat intelligence services worldwide.
The global threat intelligence market is projected to expand at a compound annual growth rate of 17.4 percent between 2017 and 2025, according to industry analyst Grand View Research. Furthermore, this market could be worth approximately $12.6 billion by 2025.