Now, organizations can use Semperis' Active Directory Forest Recovery (ADFR) solution and Veritas' NetBackup solution to guard against and recover from cyberattacks on Microsoft Active Directory (AD) systems, the businesses said.
Cybercriminals Frequently Target Microsoft Active Directory Systems
Microsoft AD is the "primary identity system and backbone of IT operations for 90% of organizations," Semperis noted. As such, it is a common target for ransomware operators and other cybercriminals.
Disruptions to AD services lead to significant downtime and organizational losses, Semperis noted. Thus, AD protection is a top security priority for many organizations.
What the Semperis-Veritas Solution Offers
Organizations can use the Semperis-Veritas solution to maintain "unparalleled protection and recovery for AD environments," the businesses said.
The solution's features include:
- Blueprint for organization, classification and monitoring of security data
- Anomaly detection and virus scanning via NetBackup to ensure data is free of viruses before recovery
- Automated, malware-free recovery of an AD forest through any physical or virtual hardware with ADFR
- Post-breach forensics with ADFR to help incident response teams remove attack paths, backdoors and other security vulnerabilities
Veritas Launches 360 Defense Architecture
The release of the Semperis-Veritas solution coincides with the launch of Veritas 360, an architecture that blends data protection and governance capabilities.
Veritas 360 offers an "extensible architecture based on real world testing with industry-leading security vendors," the company noted.
Veritas 360 provides organizations with access to a variety of assets:
- Veritas RedLab program is used to test and document product integrations that provide organizations with validated best practices and deployment blueprints to mitigate risk.
- Threat protection during pre- and post-incident recovery provides attack surface visibility and artificial intelligence-powered vulnerability management capabilities from the CrowdStrike Falcon platform.
- Privileged access management (PAM) delivers credential management backed by CyberArk.
- Assessment, prioritization and remediation of vulnerabilities and backup storage from Qualys is offered
- Protection from threats to primary and secondary data sets is provided through Symantec.
These capabilities allow organizations to use Veritas 360 to quickly recover from cyberattacks, see who accessed their data and proactively mitigate threats, said Matt Waxman, Veritas' senior vice president and general manager of Data Protection.