The Tanium-Google Cloud offering helps organizations detect, investigate and evaluate advanced persistent threats (APTs), according to the companies. It provides a variety of security capabilities, including:
- Analytics and Telemetry: Combines Tanium's real-time security telemetry with Chronicle's analytics and data capacity.
- Threat Hunting: Enables security teams to hunt threats both live and across a year of endpoint activity.
- Incident Response and Remediation: Provides historical data to investigate, scope and remediate APTs.
- Storage: Delivers storage for endpoint telemetry with zero data volume charges.
Tanium and Google Cloud also announced an integration between Tanium and Google's BeyondCorp zero-trust security framework model. The integration enables Tanium customers to use endpoint identity, state and compliance data with the BeyondCorp Remote Access solution.
Google Cloud Partners with Cybersecurity Companies
Along with Tanium, Google Cloud recently has partnered with several cybersecurity companies, including:
- Arctic Wolf: Provides its managed detection and response (MDR) services to Google Cloud customers.
- Cyderes: Leverages Chronicle to analyze security telemetry.
- Exabeam: Offers its SaaS Cloud security information and event management (SIEM) platform on Google Cloud.
- ForgeRock: Provides its Digital Identity Platform on Google Cloud.
- Fortinet: Delivers a reference architecture for organizations to connect to Google Cloud via secure SD-WAN solutions.
- McAfee: Provides its MVISION Cloud solution for data security, threat prevention, governance and compliance for container workload to Google Cloud customers.
Google Cloud absorbed Chronicle from parent Alphabet in 2019.