Tripwire, a compliance and security solutions provider, now offers Google Cloud Platform support and file integrity monitoring (FIM) capabilities for its Cloud Management Assessor (CMA) solution.
With Google Cloud Platform support, CMA enables organizations to leverage the solution's secure configuration management functionality across all major cloud providers, according to a prepared statement.
Meanwhile, CMA's FIM capabilities cover Amazon Web Services (AWS) Simple Storage Service (S3) and Microsoft Azure Blob and help organizations address publicly exposed cloud instances or "buckets," Tripwire indicated. They also ensure organizations are notified about public-facing files stored in cloud environments and flag suspicious or unauthorized file changes.
What Is CMA?
CMA enables an organization to evaluate the security state of its cloud deployments, Tripwire said. The solution ensures the secure configuration of an organization's AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform accounts, Tripwire indicated, and helps an organization maintain visibility across multiple cloud accounts.
An organization can use CMA to monitor configuration changes that may affect the confidentiality, integrity or availability of its cloud assets, according to Tripwire. That way, CMA helps an organization implement effective security controls in its cloud environments.
In addition, CMA allows an organization to collect, analyze and score cloud account configuration data, Tripwire noted. It also helps an organization follow the Center for Internet Security AWS Foundations v1.1.0 Benchmark and other cloud security standards.
Tripwire: Here's What You Need to Know
Tripwire was founded in 1997 and provides advanced threat, compliance and security solutions used by over 9,000 organizations worldwide. The company today offers a variety of cloud security solutions, and these include:
- Compliance: Provides built-in compliance policies, audit-ready reporting and assessment automation.
- Cybersecurity for Industrial Control Systems (ICS): Ensures protection, uptime, reliability and safety across industrial environments.
- File Integrity and Change Monitoring: Analyzes and prioritizes detected changes with real-time data and security automation.
- System and IT Discovery: Enables an organization to evaluate authorized and unauthorized network activity.
- Vulnerability and Risk Management: Combines business context with vulnerability intelligence to help an organization identify and alleviate risk.
Tripwire also offers a partner program for managed service providers (MSPs), MSSPs and technology vendors. The program enables channel partners to deliver Tripwire's advanced threat, compliance and security solutions to customers.