Trustifi has integrated a tokenization tool into its email security solution that lets end-users isolate and encrypt confidential information within their messages, according to the company.
The tool lets users create one-click rules and policies to encrypt sensitive information within their emails, Trustifi noted. Users can set data loss prevention (DLP) rules and others to encrypt sensitive information. Meanwhile, email recipients can decrypt tokenized sections of emails while sensitive data contained within these messages is automatically re-encrypted in replies.
Trustifi's tokenization process separates encrypted and unencrypted content via individual "tokens" within the same message, the company noted. This ensures that each piece of content within an email is treated as its own entity, and sensitive data appears as generic text in parentheses unless a user decrypts it.
Trustifi Updates Email Security Solution
The tokenization tool announcement comes after Trustifi in November 2022 made several upgrades to its email security solution, including:
- Identity Provider Integrations. Organizations can use Trustifi's email security solution in conjunction with cybersecurity solutions from Okta, OneLogin and other identity providers.
- Google Workspace Support. Google Workspace users can use Trustifi's email security capabilities to identify suspicious emails and protect against email-based threats.
- Phishing Detection Engine Enhancements. Trustifi's phishing detection engine helps organizations detect social engineering, imposter and spoofing attacks and avoid false-positive security alerts.
The upgrades enable organizations "to more seamlessly and easily administer" their email security networks, Trustifi said. They also help these organizations protect their data and establish zero trust architecture.
A Closer Look at Trustifi
Trustifi provides email security products to global organizations. These products include:
- Inbound Shield detects, classifies and analyzes phishing emails and other email-based threats.
- Outbound Shield combines data classification and DLP to help organizations secure their emails and comply with data security regulations.
- Email Managed Detection and Response (MDR) allows Trustifi to manage an organization's email security and respond to any email-based attacks.
Trustifi also offers a partner program that allows MSSPs, MSPs and other technology providers to integrate its email security capabilities into their services.