Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Louisiana Blasts MSPs: Many MSPs are dropping the ball on cybersecurity, leaving elections open to the threat of cyberattacks, Louisiana Secretary of State Kyle Ardoin warned peer government leaders on January 31.
3. Travelex Ransomware Attack Recovery: Travelex has partially restored its UK website, almost a month after a crippling ransomware attack forced the currency service provider to take its systems offline, Reuters reports.
4 . Check Point Earnings: Check Point Software Technologies' revenue was $544 million in Q4 2019, up 3 percent vs. the corresponding quarter in 2018. Also, GAAP net income was $272 million compared to $238 million in the fourth quarter of 2018.
5. Cyber Insurance Legal Ruling: A federal judge has ruled that an insurer providing a "business owner's insurance policy" to National Ink & Stitch, which sustained a ransomware attack in 2016 and was forced to replace most of its IT infrastructure, must pay for the damages the security incident caused, Bank InfoSecurity reports.
6. Penetration Testing - Charges Dismissed: Trespassing charges against two Coalfire employees have been dismissed. Coalfire's employees were conducting on-site penetration tests for a client when they were arrested for trespassing.
B. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- SANS 2020 Cybersecurity Training Conference (April 3-10, Orlando, Florida)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2020 (May 13-14, Chicago).
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar