Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Ransomware Attack Costs: A cyberattack against Atendo in 2021 wound up costing the IT services company $42 million. The financial hit involved business disruptions, along with recovery and security efforts, Infosecurity Magazine reported.
2. Nordex Cyberattack: Nordex is the second German wind turbine maker to suffer a cyberattack since Russia's invasion of Ukraine began. Nordex rival Enercon’s remote service links had been cut at start of the war. Source: ReCharge, April 4, 2022.
3. AcidRain Cyberattack: Satellite communications company Viasat said its own research is consistent with a new report from a cybersecurity firm that said a February attack on their infrastructure in Ukraine involved the use of a new malware named AcidRain. Source: The Record, April 1, 2022.
4. Spring By VMware Vulnerabilities: Spring -- a VMware business -- has released security updates to address Spring4Shell and Spring Cloud Function vulnerabilities, the CISA reported.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Purple Hats 2022 by AttackIQ (April 21)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- RSA Conference 2022 (June 6-9, San Francisco)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 (June 6-8, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar