Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Global Fight Against Ransomware: Top U.S. national security advisers will gather officials from 30 countries this month with plans to combat the growing threat of ransomware and other cyber crime, Reuters reported.
2. Ransomware Attack - Trade Group: A ransomware attack has disrupted several trade industry and auction websites run by a Nebraska company, the Associated Press reported.
3. Cyberattack - Healthcare: A cyberattack on October 3, 2021 at Johnson Memorial Health of Indianapolis, Indiana has resulted in the disabling of the Franklin-based health care system’s computer network, the Indiana Business Journal reported.
4. Data Center Security: A Texas man who plotted to blow up a data center in Virginia was sentenced to 10 years in federal prison. Seth Aaron Pendley, 28, was arrested in April 2021 after attempting to obtain an explosive device from an undercover FBI employee in Fort Worth. He pleaded guilty in June 2021 to malicious attempt to destroy a building with an explosive and was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Reed C. O’Connor, according to a court statement.
5. Cybersecurity Awareness Training: ESET is launching an interactive phishing derby for its channel partners to help raise awareness of the importance of cyber hygiene. The derby allows partners to customize the game before sending it out to existing and potential customers. At the conclusion, customers can access additional cybersecurity resources, trials, demos, and trainings, ESET said. The derby runs October 4 through the end of 2021.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Innovate 2021 Cybersecurity Summit (October 3-6, Scottsdale, Arizona)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and in-person)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid, virtual and in-person)
- CISA National Cybersecurity Summit 2021 (October 6, 13, 20 & 27, virtual)
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld Security Conference 2021 (October 12-14, virtual)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar