Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Funding - Security Operations Center (SOC) Software: ThreatQuotient has closed $22.5 million in new financing, including a combination of equity and debt financing. The investment syndicate includes New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Adams Street Partners, Escalate Capital, Blu Ventures, Cisco Investments and Gaingels.
2. Funding - Cloud Identity Management: ConductorOne has raised $5 million in seed funding in a round led by Accel, along with Fuel Capital, Fathom Capital, and Active Capital. ConductorOne is using the funding to build an identity orchestration and automation platform. The platform will "empower IT and identity admins with the ability to automate and delegate employee access to cloud apps and infrastructure, while preserving least privilege permissions," ConductorOne says.
3. CNA Ransomware Attack Update: After suffering a March 21 ransomware attack, CNA has restored its e-mail service -- which now leverages multi-factor authentication and a security platform to help detect and block email threats, CNA said in an April 1, 2021, update.
4. Data Leak - Office Depot?: Alleged details are here.
5. Data Breach - Personal Touch: In-home health services provider Personal Touch is addressing a data breach that the company discovered on January 27, 2021. The company is notifying affected individuals that their personal information may have been stolen amid the breach.
6. Multi-Cloud Security: Expedient has launched the Expedient Security CTRL Suite. The technology stack gives clients "unified management and visibility into all security policies, workloads and applications, resulting in improved protection, detection and response capabilities while helping lower overall operating costs," Expedient asserts.
7. Security Information and Event Management (SIEM): LogRhythm has launched version 7.7 of the LogRhythm NextGen SIEM Platform. The update introduces "new features designed to streamline the threat detection and response process, including a new Timeline View that provides analysts with an easy-to-follow security narrative when investigating an incident," LogRhythm says.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
1. Threat Hunting: Solutions Granted, a Top 250 MSSP and Master MSSP, is using the Stellar Cyber Open XDR platform to deliver SOC as a Service offerings to customers. The result is a 16X improvement in threat-hunting capabilities, the two companies say.
2. Integration - Risk Management: Code42 is now integrates with Slack. The result: Security analysts gain a new automated workflow that speeds alert triage and “right-sizes” an appropriate response based on the severity of Insider Risk events, Code42 asserts.
3. Integration - Vulnerability Management: Tenable and HCL BigFix have announced an integration to "swiftly identify and correlate vulnerabilities, prioritize them based on risk and act quickly to reduce remediation times."
4. Partnership - Identity and Access Management (IAM): Onfido and Microsoft are partnering to promote Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) verifiable credentials.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Cloud Security Summit 2021 from Fortinet (April 6-7, Virtual)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar