Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Multiple MSSPs Acquired: The latest deal involves Protos Security making an acquisition. We'll share more details about MSSP M&A moves later today.
2. Microsoft MSSP & Cybersecurity Partner: BUI has joined the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA), a global ecosystem of independent software vendors and managed security service providers (MSSPs) that have integrated their solutions to help customers mitigate cybersecurity risks. MISA now has 160-plus members, up from 26 members during the 2018 launch.
4. Funding - Data Intelligence & Cybersecurity: Nisos has raised $6 million in funding Paladin Capital Group, which focuses on cybersecurity startup investments. Existing investors Columbia Capital and Skylab Capital also participated in the round. Also, Nisos has named MSSP industry veteran David Etue as CEO. He previously was global head of managed security services at BlueVoyant. Earlier, Etue held key posts at Rapid7 and Gemalto.
5. Endpoint Protection: SentinelOne released a free SUNBURST identification tool to help enterprises determine attack readiness. The open-source assessment tool allows users to identify if the SUNBURST malware variant at the heart of the SolarWinds attack campaign would have infected their devices, SentinelOne says.
6. Iranian Hackers Allegedly Threaten U.S. Officials: Details are here...
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Secureworks Connect 2021 (February 9-10, Virtual Conference)
- SOC as a Service for Small MSPs (March 18, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- Expanding From MDR to XDR (June 17, MSSP Alert Webcast)
- Black Hat USA 2021 (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar