Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Ransomware Attack: A City of Knoxville spokesperson said ransomware attackers, who are holding city data hostage, have published internal information online in an effort to put pressure on the city, a local news report says.
2. Threat Detection Marketplace: SOC Prime Threat Detection Marketplace (TDM) has evolved into a global community of 9,600+ security specialists across 140+ countries in the world, the company says.
3. Emerging MSSP: Keep an eye on TouchStone Security -- an emerging MSSP in New Jersey that supports New York-area clientele.
4. Penetration Testing: Apria Healthcare, a provider of home respiratory services and certain medical equipment in the United States, has chosen Pcysys' automated network penetration testing platform, PenTera, to automate its cyber security validation efforts.
5. Research - Malicious Files: Almost three quarters (72%) of the analyzed malicious files fell into three categories: Trojans, Backdoors and Droppers. according to anonymized statistics from free requests to the Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Portal.
6. Talent - Endpoint Protection: SentinelOne has hired Tanium, VMware and EMC veteran Patty Trexler as VP for government, healthcare and education. With Trexler onboard, SentinelOne will specifically expand its work in the federal space, the endpoint security software provider says.
B. Five Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- Black Hat USA 2020 (August 1-6, Virtual Conference)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2020 (October 26-29, Location Undisclosed)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 9-12, Las Vegas)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar