Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP News Alerts
1. Hackers Hit SolarWinds Monitoring Tool: Russian hackers allegedly weaponized SolarWinds Orion business software updates to attack the U.S. Treasury department and companies worldwide. FireEye has released counter measures to assist SolarWinds Orion customers. Breaking details are here.
2. Browser Malware: Microsoft is warning about browser malware that can infect Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Yandex Browser and Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft says.
3. Cybersecurity and Artificial Intelligence: Sophos has announced four new open Artificial Intelligence (AI) developments to help strengthen MSP & customer cybersecurity. We'lls hare more details soon.
4. Partnership - Identity and Access Management (IAM): TriVir, a high-end professional services consultancy specializing in custom identity solutions, is now an Accredited Delivery Partner (ADP) in the ForgeRock Trust Network Partner program.
5. Internet of Things - Cybersecurity Law: President Trump signed the IoT Cybersecurity Improvement Act of 2020 into law earlier this month.