Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Atlanta Police Website Targeted: The Internet hacking group Anonymous claimed responsibility for an attack against Atlanta police Sunday, saying they had taken the department’s website offline, according to AJC. The website attack arrived roughly two days after an Atlanta police officer shot and killed Rayshard Brooks, sparking more protests about alleged police brutality.
2. Snake Ransomware Attacks Energy Company: Details are here.
4. Zero Trust - Healthcare Security: Evanston Technology Partners and AppGuard have partnered to help hospitals continuously manage, optimize, and secure critical medical devices and infrastructure, including ventilators and supporting healthcare assets such as IoT, operational technology (OT) and network connected devices, the companies say.
5. Private Equity Then IPO: Private equity firm KKR is increasing its stake in Darktrace as the British cybersecurity companies marches toward a potential IPO, Sky News reports.
6. Privileged Access Management (PAM): Centrify has integrated its Privileged Access Service with ServiceNow’s Management, Instrumentation, and Discovery (MID) Server. The result: Users can inventory systems more securely, leveraging Centrify Privileged Access Service as the centralized source of truth for credentials, the company says.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar