Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Log4Shell Vulnerability Discovery and Mitigation: Qualys is making its Web Application Scanning (WAS) solution available free for 30 days, to help companies protect against Log4Shell.
2. Log4j and Government Agencies: CISA has issued Emergency Directive (ED) 22-02: Mitigate Apache Log4j Vulnerability, directing federal civilian executive branch (FCEB) agencies to address Log4j vulnerabilities—most notably, CVE-2021-44228.
3. Investment: Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) has invested in BigID, a data intelligence platform that "enables organizations to know their enterprise data and take action for privacy, security, and governance." Financial terms were not disclosed.
4. M&A – Public Safety Applications: Motorola Solutions has acquired 911 Datamaster, a Next Generation 9-1-1 (NG9-1-1) data solutions provider. 911 Datamaster’s solutions helps ensure that “emergency calls are accurately located and routed based on the caller’s location, enabling a faster response from first responders,” the seller said. Motorola Solutions, meanwhile, has also acquired various MSSP assets in recent years.