Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP News Alerts
1. Ransomware Attacks MSP: Cloud hosting and IT services provider Netgain was forced to take some of their data centers offline after suffering a ransomware attack in late November, Bleeping Computer reports. Netgain is a Top 250 Public Cloud MSP. We've reached out to the company for more details about the alleged attack.
2. SolarWinds Breach Update: The latest daily updates are here.
4. Security Advisory - VMware and Microsoft Azure: The NSA released this cybersecurity advisory to help MSPs and customers lock down various VMware and Microsoft Azure software tools.
6. M&A - Cybersecurity Consulting: Lynx Technology Partners has acquired ITSourceTEK, which specializes in solutions that detect, resolve, and prevent cybersecurity threats.
7. IoT Security: Firedome, a cybersecurity software provider, has achieved UL's Secure IoT Component Qualification. This new UL solution helps internet of things (IoT) product manufacturers to "identify third-party components that can benefit the security of their products," organizations say.
8. Managed Detection and Response (MDR) - AWS Cloud: Alert Logic has launched an automated response solution for Amazon Web Services (AWS) environments. The offering features embedded Alert Logic MDR SOAR (security orchestration, automation and response) capabilities, the company says.
9. Partner Program - Identity and Access Management (IAM): The One Identity Partner Circle program has generated a 15 percent increase in year-over-year channel sales, with 67 percent of its global company sales and 81 percent of EMEA sales being linked to channel partners. The company did not disclose actual revenue or profit dollar figures.
10. Bounty Program: Offensive Security, a provider of hands-on cybersecurity training and certification, has announced a new bounty program for user generated content. Members of the infosecurity community can now receive cash bounties for submitting vulnerable virtual machines to Offensive Security (OffSec) that are eligible to be incorporated into the Proving Grounds training labs, the company says.