Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Security Operations Center: BlueVoyant has launched the BlueVoyant Modern SOC for Splunk Cloud Platform. The service features "white glove technical workshops, rapid onboarding into Splunk Cloud Platform, and 24/7 managed detection and response (MDR), powered by BlueVoyant's 24/7 cloud-based managed security operations center (SOC)," the company says.
2. Google Cloud Security: The search giant has launched a range of cloud-based security solutions -- including Autonomic Security Operations for SOC teams and MSSPs. BT will offer Autonomic Security Operations as a managed security service. Other key partners include Cyderes and SADA Systems, among others.
3. Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and Email Security: Expel has launched Expel for Email, which is designed to detect phishing attempts and stop business email compromises (BEC).
4. Compromise Detection Software: Lumu has unveiled Lumu Defender, a new tier in its compromise detection solution that is "designed to help security teams automate and accelerate their response to confirmed instances of compromise," the company says.
5. Talent - Security Posture Automation: Balbix has hired Trevor Daughney as chief marketing officer (CMO).
8. AWS Bans NSO Group: Amazon Web Services has disabled cloud accounts linked to NSO Group following reports by news organizations and activist groups that the Israeli firm's Pegasus software had been used to surveil journalists and government officials, CNN reports.
9. Global Cybersecurity Shield?: Israel’s Prime Minister Naftali Bennett urged other nations to join with his country in building an international platform for defusing cyberattacks, Bloomberg reports.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
2. Partnership - ServiceNow and Security Management: AppOmni now offers SaaS Security Management support for ServiceNow. The result: Security and IT teams can "identify and remediate configuration risks and security preferences within the ServiceNow Now Platform," AppOmni asserts.
3. Partner - Microsoft Zero Trust: The Vectra Cognito platform delivers key Zero Trust capabilities for Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Azure customers, the company asserts.
4. Partnership – Patch Management & Policy Configuration: GuardSight, a Top 250 MSSP for 2020, has incorporated Automox into its service offering. This relationship expands the GuardSight vulnerability management service offering by providing continuous insight into endpoints' patch management and policy configuration, the MSSP says.
5. Partnership: CyberRisk Alliance (CRA) and the InfraGard National Members Alliance (INMA) have partnered to "deliver a series of cybersecurity resources and membership activities to InfraGard’s 78,000+ members, including local, state and federal law enforcement entities, government agencies, and academic institutions," the two organizations says.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Black Hat USA (July 31-August 5, Las Vegas)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- InfoSec World 2021 (October 25-27, Orlando, Florida)
- @Hack Cybersecurity Conference (November 28-30, Saudi Arabia)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar