Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. MSSP Valuations: A statement from Optiv Security, a Top 200 MSSP, suggests cybersecurity valuations in Europe might be overheated...
2. Cloud Security Monitoring: Datadog has unveiled Security Monitoring. a new product that enables real-time threat detection across the entire stack and deeper collaboration between security, developers, and operations teams, the company says.
3. Splunk Financial Results: The software company's third-quarter of fiscal 2020 financial results included...
- Revenue of $626 million, up 30 percent year over year.
- A net loss of $57.6 million, slightly larger than a $55.7 million net loss in the corresponding quarter last year.
The figures and a forecast generally exceeded Wall Street's expectations.
4. Integration - Threat Containment Automation: ARIA Cybersecurity Solutions now integrates with Demisto, a Palo Alto Networks company focused on security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR). The integration allows partners and customers to "surgically stop cyber-attacks without taking devices or applications off-line, including IoT and other devices that can’t run agents or EDRs for protection," ARIA claims.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Funding - SonicWall and Perimeter 81: Perimeter 81, a Zero Trust secure cloud-based network provider, has raised $10 million in Series A funding led by SonicWall.
2. Application Security: Optiv Security has partnered with Veracode to improve application security at the development level. The result is a new Software Assurance as-a-Service (SAaaS) offering.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.