Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
2. Talent - MSSP: Velocity has promoted Ben DeSpain to chief people officer. DeSpain joined Velocity in 2019 and has most recently served as vice president of human resources.
3. Cisco Security and XDR: Is Cisco SecureX the same as XDR? The networking giant offers some perspectives here.
4. Network Security Policy Management: FireMon has unveiled an agile network security policy management (NSPM) platform to enable cloud and digital transformation initiatives, the company says.
5. Partner Program - Launch: New Net Technologies (NNT), a provider of cybersecurity and compliance software, has announced its global Partner First Program for the company's Change Control solutions.
6. Partner Program - Momentum: Respond Software, a cybersecurity investigation automation company, has added 23 VAR and MSP/MSSP partners reaching more than 100 customers, the company says.
8. New Headquarters: Milton Security has relocated its headquarters from Fullerton to the City of Brea, in the heart of Orange County, California.
9. Data Protection: Thales has launched the CipherTrust Data Security Platform, a unified data protection solution that enables organizations to discover, protect, and control their most sensitive data wherever it resides, Thales asserts.
10. Hacker Pleads Guilty: Years after he threatened to publicly release information from hacking victims unless they agreed to his digital extortion demands, Nathan Wyatt is headed to a U.S. prison, CyberScoop reports. A judge sentenced Wyatt, 39, to five years in prison after he pleaded guilty to assisting a hacking crew known as The Dark Overlord.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- BlackBerry Security Summit 2020 (October 5-7, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2020 (October 14-15, Virtual Conference)
- CrowdStrike Fal.con 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (October 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 17-19, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar