Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Ransomware Attack - Garmin: Ongoing updates about the Garmin WastedLocker ransomware attack and recovery.
2. Ransomware Attack - New Hampshire Public Radio: Details are here.
3. Ransomware Attack - Blackbaud: The attack was worse than previously thought...
4. ADT Allegedly Spied On Customers: A legal battle now looms, The Dallas Morning News reports.
5. Cyber Regulation Enforcement: The New York State Department of Financial Services (DFS) has filed a statement of charges against First American Title Insurance Company. DFS alleges that First American exposed hundreds of millions of documents, millions of which contained consumers’ sensitive personal information including bank account numbers, mortgage and tax records, Social Security Numbers, wire transaction receipts, and drivers’ license images. These charges are the first to be filed alleging violations of DFS’s Cybersecurity Regulation.
6. UK Cyber Warning: The UK’s National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) has issued a warning about the growing risks of sports organizations becoming valuable targets for ransomware attacks, phishing campaigns and Business Email Compromise (BEC), Security Boulevard reports.
7. SASE: Forcepoint has introduced its Dynamic Edge Protection suite of cloud-native SASE solutions featuring new Cloud Security Gateway and Private Access offerings. The suite addresses work-from-home security challenges across network security, threat protection, secure access and data protection, Forcepoint asserts.
8. MITRE ATT&CK: McAfee has introduced MITRE ATT&CK into McAfee MVISION Cloud, the company’s Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB), delivering a precise method to hunt, detect and stop cyberattacks on cloud services, McAfee says.
9. DevSecOps: Refactr has updated its DevSecOps automation platform with new security integrations.
10. Talent- Mobile Security: MobileIron has promoted Christof Baumgärtner to chief revenue officer (CRO).
11. Risk Management: CyberSaint has updated its flagship CyberStrong platform allowing customers to identify, measure, and dynamically manage information technology (IT) and cybersecurity risks along the risk management lifecycle, the company says. The updates align with the NIST Risk Management Framework and various industry risk models.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Partnerships and Alliances
2. Partnership - SD-WANs: Granite Telecommunications, LLC, a $1.5 billion provider of communications services to multilocation businesses and government agencies, will operate Wanify's managed SD-WAN solutions for its small and medium business (SMB) and enterprise customers.