Founded In 2015
Huntress was built on a simple premise—to force hackers to earn every single inch of their access.
With roots in identifying persistent footholds and catching attacks that slip past preventive security measures like antivirus, Huntress built an early reputation as an underlying layer that managed services providers (MSPs) deployed to better-protect their small and midsize business (SMB) clients.
As cybercriminals continued to innovate—and increasingly target both SMBs and MSPs—Huntress expanded its mission to introduce new services, grow its team of ThreatOps researchers and deliver more accessible cybersecurity education to small businesses.
These enhancements enabled partners to streamline their defenses and adopt new solutions more easily, while staying agile and pivoting quickly to meet the evolving demands of cybersecurity.
Huntress is a leading provider of managed detection and response (MDR) technology, services and cybersecurity education that enable our partners to take the fight directly to hackers.
With a laser focus on a specific set of attack surfaces, vulnerabilities and exploits, the Huntress Security Platform uniquely enables our partners—local service providers, regional and national resellers—to protect and educate their customers while capturing new security revenue.
As long as hackers keep hacking, we’ll keep hunting.
Threats We Defend Against
Huntress complements our automated detection capabilities with human-powered threat hunting, incident analysis and remediation to protect our partners and their customers from:
- Persistent Footholds – attackers who have maliciously accessed an endpoint and are quietly gathering information, abusing legitimate applications and plotting their next move while remaining undetected.
- Ransomware – the encryption of data or applications which prevents a business from conducting its normal operations, usually with demands for payment. The ability to quickly respond to ransomware incidents is critical.
- External Vulnerabilities – open ports and protocols (e.g. remote desktop) and “easy” targets for hackers that are often overlooked by SMBs in favor of convenience and productivity.
- Visit huntress.com for more information about our security platform
- Bookmark our blog whether you’re looking for high-level security tips or want to go deep into some malware analysis
- Join us monthly for Tradecraft Tuesday where we expose hacker techniques, talk tech and more.
- Register for hack_it 2021, our 2nd annual cybersecurity training for IT Resellers.
Thinking about trying Huntress?
- Start your 21-day free trial today, and get instant access to all Huntress services and features
- Not ready to trial? Schedule a demo with our team for an inside look at the Huntress dashboard