10 Most Read MSSP Alert News Stories: Week of 07 January 2022
This week’s 10 most read MSSP Alert news stories, columns, blogs, editorials and research involved:
10. Kronos Ransomware Attack Details: How the cyberattack impacted the payroll software provider and its customer ecosystem.
9. Optiv and NightDragon Partnership: The relationship may accelerate emerging cybersecurity products and services into the MSSP channel.
6. Top 250 MSSPs List: A look at the world’s leading Managed Security Services Providers — according to our annual readership survey and market research.
5. Top 40 Managed Detection and Response (MDR) Companies: These companies offer “credible” MDR services, Gartner indicates. But we take a closer look to see how each business is navigating MDR and MSSP opportunities with partners.
4. Fishtech and Herjavec Group Merger: The M&A deal, backed by private equity firm Apax Partners, unites a major MDR and MSSP service provider. Statements from Fishtech CEO Gary Fish and Herjavec Group CEO Robert Herjavec offer context.
3. Log4j Vulnerability Timeline and Patches: When and how the Log4j vulnerability was discovered, key mitigation advice from the CISA and cybersecurity vendors, and plenty more to help MSSPs and MSPs safeguard customer systems.
2. List of Log4j Vulnerability Scanners: A look at 18 software tools that may help MSSPs and MSPs to identify, detect, remediate and report on customers’ Log4j vulnerabilities.
1. Google Cloud Acquires Siemplify: Google’s purchase of the SOAR (security orchestration, automation and response) company may help MSSPs and MSPs to offer more effective MDR services. The move may also allow Google Chronicle to more effectively compete vs. Microsoft Azure Sentinel. Still, we’ll be watching to see if or how Google engages MSSP partners post-deal.