10 Most Read MSSP Alert News Stories: Week of 11 February 2022
This week’s 10 most read MSSP Alert news stories, columns, blogs, editorials and research involved:
10. Right of Boom Live Blog: Everything that happened at the Tampa-based MSP security conference.
9. 26 SOC as a Service Options For MSPs: Key MSSPs and vendors that offer SOC (security operations center) as a service to smaller MSPs.
8. Booz Allen Re-Hires Palo Alto Networks Veteran: Booz Allen Hamilton, which has a Top 250 MSSP practice, has re-hired Raynor Dahlquist as a senior VP within the company’s national security business. This is part of a larger cyber push at the consulting giant.
7. Emerging Cybereason IPO Details: A Cybereason IPO filing sets stage for MDR & XDR cybersecurity software company to potentially trade publicly. Everything MSPs, MSSPs & investors need to know.
6. Google Cloud Engages MSSPs: Google Cloud’s recent Siemplify acquisition may blend the right security technology & talent to engage MSSPs, though AWS & Microsoft Azure Sentinel competition looms.
5. News Corp Cyberattack Involved Cloud Services: The software supply chain attack is a good reminder for MSSPs to focus on Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM), SaaS security monitoring and business email compromise (BEM) mitigation.
4. Top 250 MSSPs List: A look at the world’s leading Managed Security Services Providers — according to our annual readership survey and market research.
3. Top 40 Managed Detection and Response (MDR) Companies: Based on Gartner MDR Market Guide 2021… plus MSSP Alert perspectives & analysis.
2. Business Service Provider Ransomware Attack: Details about a ransomware attack vs. Morley Companies finally surface.
1. Microsoft Buying Mandiant?: Microsoft may be striving to acquire Mandiant, the incident response and XDR cybersecurity company that recently split from FireEye, a report indicates.