10 Most Read MSSP Alert News Stories: Week Ended 12 August 2022
This week’s most read managed security services provider (MSSP) news stories involved:
10. Mobile Security Research – Cyberattacks Rise Despite Dedicated Cybersecurity Spending: Verizon Mobile Security Index research pinpoints cybersecurity concerns across financial services, healthcare, government, education & other vertical markets.
9. XDR Alliance Intros Open-Source Common Information Model: MSSPs can use open source CIM to ingest security data & determine how logs are classified & which fields should be extracted for parsing.
8. Cisco Invests In SaaS Application Security Startup: AppOmni delivers SaaS application security that supports centralized visibility, data access management & more.
7. Cyberattack Shuts Down 7-11 in Denmark: Will MSSPs & incident responders assist 7-Eleven cyberattack investigation & recovery?
6. Top 40 MDR Service Providers: Our annual look at leaders from the world of managed detection and response (MDR) services.
5. Identity Cyberattacks, Microsoft 365 Dominate Cybersecurity Incidents: How cyberattacks & business email compromise (BEC) hackers overcome multi-factor authentication (MFA) to hit Microsoft 365, according to Expel research.
4. Cisco Cyberattack: Minimal Fallout From Voice Phishing Incident? Cisco cyberattack investigation reveals no supply chain impact. Incident reinforces human weakness in cybersecurity armor. Lapsus$-linked group involved?
3. Top 250 MSSPs – 2022 Survey: Participate in this year’s survey to see where your MSSP ranks in the worldwide managed security services market.
2. Top 250 MSSPs of 2021: Here’s a look at last year’s list.
1. Cloud MSP Suffers Cyberattack; UK Emergency Services Impacted: Advanced, a cloud MSP that hosts & manages healthcare applications for NHS 111 & UK businesses, confirms cyberattack.