Managed Services Provider Afternoon News: 08 June 2017
Each morning (well… afternoon just for today) MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global MSSP (managed security services provider) ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Thursday, June 8, 2017:
5. Funding: Illumio, a data center and cloud security platform provider, has raised $125 million in Series D funding.
4. International Cybersecurity: Australia and Singapore are partnering to address international cybersecurity issues — a surefire sign that governments need to rethink go-it-alone approaches to data protection.
3. Talent: Cylance and Carbon Black veterans have launched Obsidian Security, which is seeking to “revolutionize how organizations use data science and security technology to combat cyber threats across hybrid-cloud environments.” The startup just raised $9.5 million in Series A funding from Greylock Partners.
2. MSSP Partnership: CSPi has expanded its managed security services to include RadarServices solutions in the UK market. The relationship offers customers an easy path to Security Operations Center (SOC) compliance, the duo says.
1. MSSP Market Forecast: The Global Managed Security Services Market is expected to exceed more than $45 billion by 2022, which represents a CAGR (compound annual growth rate) of about 14.5 percent in the forecast period, according to Market Research Engine.