MSSP News Alert: Wednesday 05 April 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert offers readers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the MSSP (managed security services provider) ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Wednesday, April 5, 2017:
7. Cloud Compliance: Cloud9 Technologies, a cloud-based voice trading communication and analytics platform for financial firms and institutional traders, has successfully completed the Service Organization Control (SOC) 2 Type II certification.
6. USB Thumb Drive Security: Honeywell Process Solutions has launched a USB thumb drive security solution for industrial sites. Honeywell’s Secure Media Exchange (SMX) protects facilities against current and emerging USB-borne threats, the company claims.
5. Security Partner Program: Avecto, an endpoint security software provider, has launched a revamped channel partner program along with a roadshow across the US, Canada, UK and Germany. The company has 80 partners worldwide, including 28 in North America. VP Matthew Knutsen is driving the partner effort. Avecto shifted from direct sales to a channel partner model roughly two years ago.
4. Sophos Growth: Revenues at Sophos are skyrocketing, and the company has increased its full-year revenue forecast to $630 million — up from a previous estimate of $613 million. What’s behind the uptick? The cybersecurity threat landscape — along with ransomware — certainly set the stage for growth. But Sophos has gone the extra mile with an end-to-end security management dashboard for MSPs. Related: Sophos VP Scott Barlow described the MSP effort in this ChannelE2E podcast.
3. Talent – Security: VIPRE has hired Marya Munir as senior director of channel marketing. She brings more than 20 years of IT channel experience to VIPRE and most recently served as director of worldwide partner and alliance marketing at Webroot, the company says.
2. Freshly Funded: LogPoint, which specializes in SIEM (security information and event management), has raised $10 million in Series B funding from Evolution Equity Partners.
1. Countdown to Launch: Yup. We wrote this blog on Wednesday, April 6 — quite a bit before MSSP Alert’s anticipated launch day in mid-2017.