Bitdefender Introduces New MDR Cybersecurity Packages
Bitdefender, a Romanian cybersecurity company, has unveiled new managed detection and response (MDR) packages, according to a prepared statement. The news comes after Bitdefender in July introduced MDR services for MSPs.
Three new Bitdefender MDR packages are available:
- Bitdefender MDR Core: Provides antivirus, anti-malware, application and device control, host-based firewall and web control and endpoint detection and response (EDR) from a cloud-managed agent.
- Bitdefender MDR Advanced: Offers Bitdefender MDR Core capabilities, along with threat hunting, user-based analytics, customer-specific threat modeling and custom incident response playbooks.
- Bitdefender MDR Enterprise: Includes MDR Core and MDR Advanced capabilities, as well as dark web monitoring, phishing domain registry monitoring, intellectual property monitoring, integration with custom tooling and high-value and high-risk target monitoring.
Bitdefender MDR Services: More Details
Bitdefender MDR provides 24/7 monitoring, analytics, threat intelligence and other security capabilities to help organizations identify and mitigate cyber threats, the company stated. The service’s features include:
- Human Risk Analytics module to evaluate and report risks associated with employees, misconfigurations and other potential security issues
- Target-monitoring services to protect against whale phishing, business email compromise (BEC) attacks and similar threats
- Threat hunting based on business type and need
Bitdefender MDR also is backed by MDR analysts who evaluate telemetry from 500 million endpoints, the company indicated. These analysts leverage various threat detection techniques and curated intelligence to improve and contextualize data and find ways to speed up incident response.
A Closer Look at Bitdefender and the MSP Market
MSPs can join Bitdefender’s MSP Program to integrate the company’s MDR capabilities into their portfolios. In doing so, MSPs could capitalize on the rising demand for MDR services globally.
The global MDR market generated $893.8 million in revenues last year, according to industry analyst Research and Markets. Meanwhile, this market is projected to expand at a compound annual growth rate of 16.4 percent between 2020 and 2024 and could be worth $1.9 billion by 2024.