ViewQwest Expands MSSP Cybersecurity Suite, Security Operations Center (SOC)
ViewQwest, a Singapore company that specializes in information and communications technology (ICT) services, has expanded its managed security services launched the Security 360° suite of cybersecurity managed services.
Security 360° is designed to help enterprises and government organizations address ransomware attacks, ViewQwest said in a prepared statement.
The cybersecurity suite includes the following managed services:
- Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB): Scans all data files between end users’ devices and cloud servers.
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS): Filters malicious attacks before they can reach an end user’s network.
- Managed Detection and Remediation (MDR): Protects devices against malware and ensures infected files are contained to a single device.
- Managed Network Security: Consists of antivirus, application control, managed firewall services and other network data and infrastructure protection services.
ViewQwest was founded in 2001 as a boutique internet services provider (ISP), and the company is making strides in the cybersecurity space.
Recently, ViewQwest established its first security operations center (SOC) in Singapore, according to The Strait Times. The company said it intends to invest $3 million in the SOC over the next two years, most of which will be used to hire security personnel.
Singapore’s Cybersecurity Market Is Growing
ViewQwest is investing in the Singapore cybersecurity market, a segment that may grow rapidly over the next few years.
- Increasing frequency and sophistication of cyber threats.
- Regulatory pressure.
- The Internet of Things (IoT) and other new technology applications.
Singapore’s cybersecurity market is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.3 percent annually between 2015 and 2020, PwC noted.
In addition, PwC has predicted the top cybersecurity services during this time frame will include:
- Cybersecurity consulting.
- Identity and access management (IAM).
- IT outsourcing.
Approximately 8 percent of the Singapore ICT budget will be allocated to cybersecurity spending between 2015 and 2020, PwC reported.
Also, the Singapore government launched a national cybersecurity strategy in October 2016, ensuring the government will remain a major contributor to the country’s cybersecurity market growth, PwC said.