Black Hat USA 2019 Cybersecurity Conference: Day 4 News
Welcome to page two. Here’s the latest…
Black Hat USA 2019: Day 2 News and Analysis
29. Endpoint Security – AI and Zero Trust: BlackBerry has launched BlackBerry Intelligent Security, a cloud-based solution that leverages adaptive security, continuous authentication and artificial intelligence (AI) to enhance mobile endpoint security in zero trust environment, the company says. We’re checking to see if or how the technology is related to the BlackBerry Cylance software portfolio.
27. Application Security – Oracle & SAP: deepwatch, a managed security services provider, has embraced Onapsis for a managed application monitoring, detection and response solution that protects SAP and Oracle applications, among others.
25. SIEM and Microsoft Azure: Cloud-based SIEM provider JASK has joined the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA), a group of security technology providers focused on protection, detection, and response. JASK also announced full support for the Microsoft Graph Security API to ingest a data and information related to Microsoft and partners, into its SIEM platform.
24. Cloud SIEM Upgrade: Devo Technology has unveiled a new vision of the company’s cloud-based SIEM platform.
23. Security Orchestration, Automation and Response: DFLabs has announced a “series of upcoming enhancements” to its IncMan SOAR platform. Security operations (SecOps) teams will gain an “exquisite user experience, combined with more robust capabilities to better detect, respond to and resolve security incidents,” the company claims.
22. Risk Monitoring: CrowdStrike has unveiled CrowdScore — a “simple metric that enables CxOs to instantly see the real-time threat level their organizations are facing, allowing them to quickly mobilize resources to respond,” the company asserts.
21. SOC as a Service and Endpoint Monitoring: Arctic Wolf Networks has launched Arctic Wolf Agent, an endpoint monitoring tool included as a core technology with Arctic Wolf Managed Detection and Response, and Arctic Wolf Managed Risk service offerings. The Arctic Wolf Agent, provided at no additional cost, introduces unified inventory and asset management functionality to “enrich behavior analytics and help eliminate endpoint blind spots that traditional technologies miss,” the company asserts.
19. Partnership – MDR Part Two: Proficio has embraced PatternEx as a Virtual Analyst Platform to detect advanced attacks and to create custom models that target specific attacks faced by Proficio’s clients, the MSSP says.
18. Sysdig Upgrade: Sysdig has unveiled new features for Sysdig Secure, including runtime profiling and anomaly detection with machine learning capabilities.
17. Threat Detection and Response: Secureworks Red Cloak Threat Detection and Response (TDR), a SaaS-based service is now available with a 24/7 service option to help organizations scale their security expertise and defeat cyber adversaries, the company says.
16. Threat Intelligence: Mimecast, an email and data security company, has introduced Mimecast Threat Intelligence — which offers customers a deeper understanding of the cyber threats their organizations face, the company says.
15. Vulnerability Management: Tenable has unveiled Predictive Prioritization capabilities within Tenable.io and Tenable.sc. for vulnerability management in the cloud and on-premises. The capabilities “accelerate the discovery, prioritization and remediation of vulnerabilities before they are published in the National Vulnerability Database (NVD),” Tenable asserts.
14. Security Analytics and SOCs: Stellar Cyber has launched Starlight3.3, a first Unified Security Analytics Platform that supports (1) AI-based dynamic phishing detection and automated event correlation.
13. Security Forensics: Digital Guardian has launched DG Wingman, s free forensic artifact collection tool for security professionals.
Continue to page three for Day 1 and pre-event news.