Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) News: 12 February 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday morning, February 12, 2019.
11. Cybersecurity Scholarships: vCISO Services an executive information security consulting firm, has launched a scholarship program to assist higher education students pursuing a career in information security. The Jennings A. Jones College of Business at Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) is the program’s first partner.
9. Managed Detection and Response (MDR): CI Security has launched a partner program. The effort includes CI’s dedicated technology platform with 24/7/365 monitoring by expert security analysts, the company says. Those analysts are trained to hunt for intrusion attempts.
8. Women in Cybersecurity: The sixth-annual Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) conference is confirmed for March 2019 in Pittsburgh.
7. MSSP Contract: Blue Ridge Networks will deploy AppGuard endpoint cybersecurity for one of the United States’ largest public housing authority’s. The three-year contract spans 7,000 AppGuard Licenses.
6. AWS Security Partner: Panaseer, a cybersecurity software company, has achieved Advanced Technology Partner status in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN).
5. Funding: Axonius has raised $13 million in Series A funding led by Bessemer Venture Partners. The Axonius Cybersecurity Asset Management Platform creates a single point of view of desktops, laptops, servers, cloud instances, mobile devices, IoT and more, the company says.
4. Asset Security: The Qualys IT Asset Inventory (AI) Cloud App is now available. It provides security and IT teams a single source of truth to analyze their complex and interconnected global IT environments, and collaborate on critical security remediation efforts, the company says.
2. M&A – Zero Trust: Symantec has acquired Luminate Security, a privately held company that develops Software Defined Perimeter technology.
1. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.