Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 11 January 2023
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Cyberpion Names New CEO: Cyberpion, a specialist in external attack surface management (EASM), has named Marc Gaffan as CEO. Additionally, Doron Gill will serve as vice president of Engineering, and Ido Samson joins as chief revenue officer. Co-founder Nethanel Gelernter is moving from CEO to chief technology officer to focus on accelerating innovation and scaling Cyberpion’s EASM platform.
2. Darktrace Down: Darktrace cut its revenue forecast on January 11 after prospective customers turned more reluctant to run product trials due to the worsening economic environment, sending its shares below their 2021 listing price. The British cybersecurity company, which was worth 7.2 billion pounds ($8.71 billion) in September 2021, said it expected its constant currency annual recurring revenue (ARR) to increase by between 29.0% and 31.5% in the year to end-June, down from its previous forecast of 31% to 34%. (Source: Reuters)
3. Healthcare Cybersecurity Collaboration: More than 20 leading healthcare organizations have come together to identify new approaches to reduce cyber risk across the healthcare industry’s third-party ecosystem. The Health 3rd Party Trust (Health3PT) Initiative and Council announced that it “is committed to bringing standards, credible assurance models and automated workflows to solve the third-party risk management problem and advance the mission to safeguard sensitive information.”
4. Talent Move: Searchlight Cyber, a dark web intelligence company, has appointed Evan Blair as general manager of North America. Blair is the former chief revenue officer of HighSide and co-founded the threat intelligence firm ZeroFox.
6. Cybersecurity Education Initiative: ThriveDX, is launching a road tour across Europe from January 11 to February 23 to introduce the company’s human factor security solutions to Exclusive Networks’ ecosystem of more than 25,000 partners. The initiative is designed to address the talent shortage, skills gap and lack of diversity and inclusion in the cybersecurity industry.
7. Talent Moves: Bugcrowd, a specialist in crowdsourced cybersecurity, announced the appointment of three senior executives: Tanya Gay as vice president of Business Operations and Strategy, Marcus MacNeill as vice president of Product and Cassandra Morton as vice president of Customer Success and Account Management.
8. Thought Leadership: Cowbell, a provider of cyber insurance for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), has released a new whitepaper, “Modeling Catastrophic Cyber Events,” which lays out a path to model catastrophic cyber events in the SME market.