Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 11 May 2023
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. CISA is Hiring: The Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) is seeking career-minded individuals to join its ranks. Whether you’re a cybersecurity expert, an emergency management professional, a human capital or financial professional, or just someone who is committed to public service, CISA has many opportunities to serve, and offers competitive salaries, flexible schedules and opportunities for career advancement, Jen Easterly, the agency’s director, said.
2. Industry Recognition: Tanium, a converged endpoint management (XEM) provider, announced that Tanium Cloud for U.S. Government (TC-USG) is now authorized for the State Risk and Authorized Management Program (StateRAMP). “We have long been focused on strengthening cybersecurity and IT oversight for our state, local, and education organizations here at Tanium,” said Jennifer Axt, vice president of the U.S. SLED practice at Tanium.
3. Cyber Event: Semperis announced the latest lineup of speakers for the Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Global conference, including General David Petraeus (U.S. Army, Ret.), a partner at KKR and former director of the CIA. HIP Global, returning to New York City August 23-24, 2023, is the flagship event in Semperis’ HIP conference and podcast series for practitioners charged with securing Active Directory (AD) and Azure AD identity systems.
4. Industry Recognition: Salt Security, an API security company, has been named in the CyberTech 100 list for 2023. The list highlights the most innovative CyberTech companies strengthening the cyber defenses of financial institutions worldwide. The company also announced that it is now an Amazon Web Service (AWS) Web Application Firewall (WAF) Ready Partner.
5. Security Incident: Utah’s Uintah Basin Healthcare, has learned of a data security incident that may have involved the personal and protected health information of certain individuals that received care services from UBH. On or around April 7, 2023, UBH learned that the personal and protected health information belonging to certain patients, specifically, those that received care with UBH between March 2012 and November 2022, may have been accessed or acquired without authorization.
6. Leadership Move: NetWitness, a provider of threat detection and response technology and incident response services, has appointed Abdullah ALSaadoun as director for the Middle East, Turkey, and Africa (META). This strategic move is a part of the company’s evolution into the EMEA region, where it continues to grow and improve efficiency, the company said.
7. Industry Awards: Laminar, an agile data security platform provider, announced that the Laminar Data Security Platform has been honored with four cybersecurity industry awards. Laminar took home three gold awards in the 2023 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards for Cloud Native Security North America, Data Cloud Security in the Middle East, and Best Cybersecurity Startup. It also took first in the Next-Gen DSPM category at the Global InfoSec Awards during the 2023 RSA Conference in late April.
8. Cybersecurity Research: (ISC)², a nonprofit association of certified cybersecurity professionals, and the Royal United Services Institute (RUSI), the world’s oldest independent think tank on international defense and security, have released a new research report, “Global Approaches to Cyber Policy, Legislation and Regulation.” Findings from the report reveal that as cybersecurity policies and regulations evolve rapidly around the world, the call for greater standardization and collaboration is necessary to ensure stronger and more resilient frameworks to support shared learning and best practices. (Source: Security Today)
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- Identiverse 2023 (May 30 – June 2, Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Infosec World (September 25-27, Lake Buena Vista, Florida)