Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 17 May 2023
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Industry Recognition: Ping Identity announced that its core identity and access management (IAM) solutions are now U.S. Department of Defense Impact Level 5 (IL5) authorized. Ping’s DoD IL5 solution offers the highest level of ICAM controls for controlled unclassified information (CUI) and supports national security systems (NSSs), the company said.
2. Keeper Expands into APAC: Keeper Security, a provider of zero trust cybersecurity software, is opening an Asia-Pacific headquarters in Tokyo that will serve Japan, East Asia, Australia and New Zealand. This expansion will accelerate Keeper’s growth in enterprise password management, secrets management, privileged connection management and privileged access management, the company said.
3. Leadership Move: NeoSystems, a strategic outsourcer, IT systems integrator and managed services provider to the government contracting market, has announced changes to its executive leadership team. Brad Mitchell will take the helm as president and CEO, succeeding Michael Tinsley, who will become chairman of the board.
4. Ransomware Attack: ScanSource, a hybrid distributor connecting devices to the cloud, announced that it was hit with a ransomware attack that impacted some of its systems. Upon discovering the incident on May 14, the company immediately launched an investigation and implemented its incident response plan.
5. Funding Boost: Entro, an Israeli cybersecurity startup, has received $6 million in seed funding led by StageOne Ventures and Hyperwise Ventures. Entro continuously monitors and protects secrets and programmatic access to cloud services and data. Angel investors include Rakesh Loonkar, founder of Trusteer and Transmit Security; Mickey Boodaei, founder of Imperva, Trusteer and Transmit Security; and Amichai Shulman, founder of Imperva and AirEye.
6. Leadership Move: Zscaler has appointed Syam Nair as chief technology officer and executive vice president of Research and Development. Nair will be responsible for driving the research and development engines to expand Zscaler’s Zero Trust Exchange platform, accelerate AI/ML innovations, and further scale the largest security cloud in the world.
7. CISA Releases School Security Resource: The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and the U.S. Secret Service National Threat Assessment Center (NTAC) have released the K-12 Bystander Reporting Toolkit, a new resource to support K-12 schools in strengthening school safety reporting programs and encouraging bystander reporting among students and the broader school community. The toolkit offers simple strategies and guidance that schools can use to implement and enhance safety reporting programs.
8. Product Launch: BOXX Insurance, a specialist cyber insurance technology, has launched MyCyberProtection by Cyberboxx Home in the USA. This product combines comprehensive cyber insurance with security tools and emergency assistance to ensure that Americans can remain safe online, the company said.
9. Ukraine Joins NATO Cyber Defense: Ukraine has become an official member of the NATO Centre for Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence (CCDCOE), with the Ukrainian flag being raised at the organization’s headquarters in Tallinn, Estonia, the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry said in a Twitter post on May 16. (Source: The New Voice of Ukraine)
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- Identiverse 2023 (May 30 – June 2, Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Infosec World (September 25-27, Lake Buena Vista, Florida)