Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 20 August 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. M&A – Risk Management: Accenture has acquired Parker Fitzgerald, a strategic advisor and consulting partner to global financial institutions, further enhancing the business and technology capabilities within its Finance and Risk practice, the companies say. Financial terms were not disclosed.
2. M&A: CyberRisk Alliance, a business intelligence company serving the cybersecurity and information risk management marketplace, has acquired Cybersecurity Collaborative, a peer council platform for Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) and other senior-level security executives. Cybersecurity Collaborative founder Stuart Cohen will continue to lead that business as its chief executive.
3. Data Breach Investigation: The Securities and Exchange Commission is reportedly investigating a data leak at title insurance giant First American Financial Corp. that exposed hundreds of millions of mortgage documents, according to Mortgage Professional America.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Talent – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): CriticalStart has hired Palo Alto Networks veteran Dwayne Myers and VP of channels and alliances.
2. Threat Intelligence: ReversingLabs has announced its channel Partner Optimization Program (POP) and deal registration program for resale partners.
3. Latin America: Top 100 MSSP Trustwave and technology integrator Grupo Tecno are partnering to promote managed security services and cybersecurity technologies to enterprises in Mexico and other Spanish speaking countries in Latin America, the two companies disclosed this morning.
4. Germany: CyberProof and InfinIT Services are partnering to promote managed security services and SOC automation for customers in Germany.
5. All Partner Programs: Search the comprehensive ChannelE2E Partner Program Database here. Also, submit your company information here and your partner program can be listed in the database.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- EnergySec Security and Compliance Summit 2019 (August 19-21, Anaheim, California)
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- MSSP Accelerator – Sales and Marketing Summit (September 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- CISA Cybersecurity Summit 2019 (September 18-20, National Harbor, Maryland)
- Exabeam Spotlight19 (September 30-October 2, San Francisco)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.