Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 21 February 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Thursday, February 21, 2019.
8. Hackers Target European Democracies: Microsoft on Wednesday said it had discovered cyber attacks directed at democratic institutions, think tanks and non-profit organizations in Europe and would offer a cyber security service to several countries to close security gaps, Reuters reports.
7. Cyber Insurance & GDPR Compliance: Coalition, a cyber insurance company for small and midsize businesses, will broaden its coverage for General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) violations, the organization says.
6. Cybersecurity Research: Cybersecurity Perspectives 2019, ScaleVP’s annual enterprise security research, is available here.
5. Mobile Bot Attacks: Oracle announced the discovery of and mitigation steps for “DrainerBot,” a major mobile ad fraud operation distributed through millions of downloads of infected consumer apps.
4. State Security: Vermont’s CIO has barred Kaspersky Lab, Huawei and ZTE products from use on the state’s IT systems. U.S. officials allege that the three technology companies may have hidden ties or spying relationships with their home countries. All three companies have repeatedly denied such claims. Kaspersky is based in Russia. Huawei & ZTE are based in China. ZTE, in particular, has faced heavy U.S. fines after alleged business wrongdoings at the company surfaced.
3. SIEM: Elysium Analytics, a cognitive cybersecurity business incubated by System Soft Technologies, has launched Cognitive SIEM. With this platform, organizations can manage and retain an unlimited amount of data at the industry’s lowest cost. Elysium claims.
2. Talent — Alliances: Onapsis, which offers cybersecurity and compliance solutions for ERP applications, has hired Anomali veteran Darren Gaeta as VP of worldwide alliances. He will focus on building relationships that involve strategic alliances, channels, MSSPs and technology partners. Earlier, he held key channel roles at Securonix, HP Enterprise Security Products and Arcsight.
1. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.