McAfee Security Unveils MVISION Cloud, Endpoint Detection Products
McAfee has unveiled endpoint detection and response (EDR) and cloud offerings for its MVISION security portfolio. The company announced the new offerings at its MPOWER Americas Cybersecurity Summit in Las Vegas, Nevada.
MVISION Cloud provides data protection across software-as-a-service (SaaS), infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) and platform-as-a-service (PaaS) solutions, McAfee said. It enables organizations to secure both sanctioned and unsanctioned cloud services and detect and prevent cyberattacks.
Comparatively, MVISION EDR leverages machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to help security analysts identify and address cyber threats, McAfee indicated. It uses advanced analytics to review and prioritize suspicious behavior from endpoint data and helps guide and automate security investigations and accelerate incident response.
What Is MVISION?
The MVISION portfolio provides security analysts with consolidated management, back-end automation and threat intelligence capabilities, McAfee noted. In addition to MIVISION Cloud and EDR, the MVISION portfolio includes the following offerings:
- Endpoint: Provides unified management and automated workflow control for Windows.
- ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO): Enables security analysts to manage McAfee products and solutions and leverage security controls built in operating systems like Windows Defender without on-premises infrastructure.
- Mobile: Helps protect an organization’s employees and their mobile devices against cyberattacks.
MVISION Cloud, Endpoint, ePO and Mobile are currently available, and MVISION EDR is expected to be available in the first quarter of 2019.
Introducing McAfee ePO-Unified Data Protection, Incident Response Service
McAfee has announced several new offerings at MPOWER, including:
- ePO-Unified Data Protection: This solution leverages McAfee Endpoint Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and Skyhigh Security Cloud DLP capabilities, and it applies the same DLP policy engine across an organization’s endpoints, networks and cloud environments. It is expected to be available later this month.
- Essential Success Plan: The McAfee Essential Success Plan is the third tier of the company’s customer success plan. It provides customers with technical support, security success plan guidance and consulting and education services.
- Incident Response Service: McAfee’s incident response service is designed to help customers plan for cyberattacks and minimize their impact. It includes a readiness assessment and provides access to McAfee incident response experts.
McAfee today provides cloud, endpoint, network and other security products and solutions to businesses and consumers worldwide. It also partners with MSSPs and managed service providers (MSPs) and enables them to leverage its offerings to remotely monitor and support customers.