RSA Conference 2022 Live Blog: MSSP, MDR and XDR Security News
At RSA Conference 2022, the race is on to deliver end-to-end security solutions that span on-premises, hybrid and public cloud services. The big question: Which of the cybersecurity solutions are multi-tenant for MSSPs, MSPs and MDR service providers? We’ll be digging for answers amid news from the show.
Follow this live blog — tracking the latest RSA Conference 2022 security news as it surfaces.
- Your News: Got RSA news to share? Please Email me the details (Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com).
- Related: See SC Media’s complete on-site RSA Conference 2022 coverage & analysis here.
16. Managed XDR for MSSPs: BlackBerry has enhanced the BlackBerry Partner Program to help MSSPs “capture the exploding demand among small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) for 24x7x365 Managed Extended Detection and Response (XDR) services,” the company said.
15. Cyber Testing Platform: MorganFranklin Consulting, a finance, technology, and cybersecurity advisory and management firm, has announced a new Cybersecurity Innovation Center (CIC). The custom cloud-based lab environment “provides clients with key cybersecurity insights, including how security tools will function within their systems, how ransomware and adversarial attacks may be attempted in their environment, and how remediation of new vulnerabilities can be achieved,” the company said.
14. MDR Beta Test: Mandiant introduced a new beta program for its MDR service — known as Mandiant Managed Defense. Open to select CrowdStrike Falcon and SentinelOne Singularity Endpoint customers, the beta program offers 24/7 access to Mandiant cybersecurity experts for alert monitoring, prioritization and investigation as well as the opportunity for participants to provide feedback prior to the general availability later this year, Mandiant said.
13. Security Operations: Arctic Wolf has released “enhanced tools and programs” to advance Tetra Defense’s MyCyber platform. The effort is “designed to help businesses more effectively build business resilience as well as address the evolving demands of insurance carriers,” the company said.
12. Managed XDR: Deepwatch has unveiled Deepwatch MXDR (managed extended detection and response), a new service that delivers automated response to threats, the company said.
11. Cyber Alliance Program: Mandiant is promoting the Cyber Alliance Program to cybersecurity technology partners across sectors such as endpoint, network, identity and authentication, security information and event management and cloud security. The goal: Integrate technologies with “nation-grade intelligence, innovative integrated solutions and expert managed services.” Flagship partners include: Cloudflare, CrowdStrike, Google Cloud, InnerActiv, Interos, IronNet, Microsoft, Netskope, Nozomi Networks, Nucleus Security, SentinelOne, SimSpace, SnapAttack and Trellix, among others.
10. Research and Security Detection: Sumo Logic has unveiled Sumo Logic Threat Labs, a threat research and security detection unit, the company said.
8. Countering Cyberattacks: Fortinet has unveiled FortiRecon, a Digital Risk Protection Service (DRPS) to counter attacks at the reconnaissance phase and “significantly reduce the risk, time, and cost of later stage threat mitigation.”
7. Cisco Security Strategy: Cisco Systems announced a unified cybersecurity platform strategy that extends across multiple cloud and hybrid cloud services. The move seeks to jumpstart Cisco’s security business, which has weakened in recent quarters. Details about the new Cisco security strategy are here.
5. Automated Response Playbooks: Cynet, which develops an XDR platform, has launch ed Cynet Automated Response Playbooks. These playbooks “automatically investigate and remediate security alerts as part of Cynet’s 360 AutoXDR platform at no additional cost,” the company asserted.
4. Continuous Compromise Assessments: Lumu has launched Incident View, providing cybersecurity operators with a “single view of their company’s cybersecurity stack for threat investigations,” the company asserts.
3. Recovery Services: Optiv has launched a Cyber Recovery Solution (CRS) to help organizations get back to business faster by “providing strategic and tactical advisory and technology solutions for cyber readiness while enabling rapid recovery to a secure state,” the company asserts.
2. Threat Mitigation: Mandiant launched a “digital risk protection solution” that allows security leaders to proactively mitigate threats before they disrupt business operations. As part of today’s launch, Mandiant also announced the general availability of Mandiant Advantage Digital Threat Monitoring.
1. Your News: Got RSA news to share? Please Email me the details (Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com).